Fire brigade switches – For a safer photovoltaic installation
Industrikomponenter AB, INKOM has designed a safe fire brigade switch! With a long history of working with DC high voltage in the rail industry. Now, using these high quality components, we have developed a product to secure your photovoltaic installation.
The amount of installed photovoltaic systems has skyrocketed in recent years to meet the increasing electrification of society. As a result, the regulatory framework for these installations is lagging behind, leading to greater consequences in the event of a fire and making it more difficult for the fire brigade to extinguish it.
After interviewing insurance companies and fire brigades, we have designed a fire brigade switch to facilitate the risk assessment that takes place before the extinguishing work or rescue operation begins.
We at INKOM have developed a security system for larger centralized photovoltaic installations on roofs and ground. A DC combiner with string fuses and a fireman’s switch with galvanic isolation combined in one box.
The system is designed according to the “fail to safe” philosophy, which means that the system galvanically disconnects, regardless of damage.
- Rapid shutdown in case of fire, cable breakage, roof collapse, power failure, inverter shutdown and breaking under load via emergency stop.
- Up to 1500 V DC, per switch box
- 150 / 300 / 500 A breaking capacity
- Lightning protection with monitoring
- Fused at string level, up to 32 A
- Thermal fuse in case of elevated temperature in any of the modules
- visual indication that the system is galvanically disconnected
Get in touch and we’ll tell you more!Fire brigade switch, DC combiner